WEBINAR | Your OPT Program: Focus on Down Syndrome Clients90283
Date: February 21, 2019
Presenter: Heather Vukelich, MS, CCC-SLP
Looking for an interactive overview of how to begin an OPT program with your clients with Down syndrome? Need an OPT refresher? TalkTools Instructor Heather Vukelich, will be helping you identify speech and feeding challenges, demonstrating OPT hierarchies, and speaking about collaboration with other professionals.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify areas to target in therapy
- Apply two of the TalkTools OPT hierarchies in a therapy setting
- Identify feeding and speech challenges
- Identify other professionals to collaborate with in therapy
Heather Vukelich, MS, CCC-SLP is a LEVEL 4 ACCOMPLISHED TalkTools instructor and owner of Happy Kids Therapy in Danville, California. Heather’s business is located inside the Down Syndrome Connection of the Bay Area where she focuses on Oral Placement, feeding and speech therapy for people of all ages. Heather’s specialty is working with people with Down Syndrome which includes in-depth knowledge and resources regarding: diet, communication programs, sign language, education, orthodontics and facial development, physical and sensory needs as well as behavioral strategies. Heather attended graduate school at Gallaudet University in Washington, DC. Heather has spoken at the National Down Syndrome Congress, as well as for Down syndrome groups across California including DSCBA, SVDSN, TBODS, and Club 21.
LIVE Webinar Logistics
- 2-STEP REGISTRATION
- PURCHASE your seat
- REGISTER -- you will receive an email with webinar registration details approximately 1-2 business days before the webinar date.
- VIEW webinar
- SUBMIT course survey sent approximately 3-5 days after the webinar date.
RECORDED Webinar Logistics
- PURCHASE your seat
- Approximately 3-5 days after the live webinar broadcast, email will be sent to all learners who purchased a seat for this webinar and will include link to RECORDED BROADCAST. Recorded broadcast will be accessible for 30 days after LIVE broadcast date.
CEUs: 0.2 (see TalkTools CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (01:30PM - 03:30PM EST)
- 01:30PM 01:40PM Welcome
- 01:40PM 02:30PM Instruction
- 02:30PM 02:40PM Break
- 02:40PM 03:30PM Instruction
- 03:30PM 03:45PM Wrap-up/Q&A