WEBINAR | Social Emotional Based Therapy Approach in Dyspraxia [August 20, 2020] [12:00PM-01:30PM EASTERN]90419
Date: August 20, 2020
Location: Webinar (12:00PM-01:30PM EST)
Presenter: Michele Gianetti, R.N. and Mary Padula, MA, CCC-SLP
We know that emotional
development is a key foundation in language development, but what has been
unchartered territory is the integration of social-emotional development within the
therapy process for a child with Dyspraxia. In this 1.5 hour webinar we will guide you
through the developmental stages of social- emotional development as they support the process of therapy with the person who has dyspraxia. Each stage will offer not only the WHAT IS HAPPENING in the stage, but specific activities connected to the process for that period in therapy. Building through the therapy stages we will provide social-emotional embedded process connected to ideas on how to build speech, language and social communication for the child with dyspraxia from early childhood- young adult.
- Participants will be able to understand the social and emotional stages for clients with a diagnosis of dyspraxia.
- Participants will be able to apply 1 activity at each development stage.
- Participants will be able to outline the process to integrate social and emotional fundamentals in a speech and language therapy program.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 2 self-study contact hours or 0.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Schedule (12:00PM - 01:30PM Eastern)
- 20 minutes Social and emotional stages in clients with dyspraxia
- 20 minutes What is happening at each stage?
- 20 minutes Appropriate activities for each stage
- 20 minutes Integrating social and emotional development activities in a speech and language therapy plan