WEBINAR | Swallowing Instrumentation: Do You See What I See? [September 10, 2019]90338
Date: September 10, 2019
Location: Webinar (04:00PM-06:00PM EST)
Presenter: Colette Ellis, M.ED., CCC-SLP, BCS-S
You’ve conducted a basic swallow test on your client, but you still need more information. Dysphagia expert and TalkTools Instructor, Colette Ellis, will be looking at standard swallowing evaluation tools, how to interpret those evaluations and steps to develop a swallowing therapy plan based on test outcomes.
- Participants will be able to identify typical vs. atypical swallowing.
- Participants will be able to describe standard swallowing tests: Videofluoroscopic Swallow Study (VFSS - also known as modified barium swallow MBSS) and Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES).
- Participants will be able to interpret swallowing test results.
- Participants will be able to develop and execute a basic swallowing therapy plan.
This program is offered for 0.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (04:00PM - 06:00PM Eastern)
- 10 Minutes - Welcome
- 20 Minutes - When and Why Does Your Client Need Additional Swallowing Tests
- 30 Minutes - Swallowing Evaluation Tools
- 30 Minutes - Interpreting Swallowing Test Results
- 30 Minutes - Writing a Swallowing Therapy Plan
- 10 Minutes - Wrap up/Q&A