WEBINAR | Working Through Vocalic /r/ [LIVE] [RECORDING]90321
Date: June 25, 2019
Location: Webinar (01:00PM-02:00PM EST)
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP
Working on vocalic /r/ can be challenging for many of us. Much of the difficulty comes from the difficulty explaining to a client what they must do in order to make the sound correctly since we cannot see what is happening. This course focuses on learning how to task analyze this sound and work on it from a sensory motor perspective. Learn how to teach this sound in its muscle based components: Jaw position, lip position and tongue position first individually, and then how to put the movements together. Discussion of oral motor difficulties that clients may face in their journey to correction of this sound will also be included. Both current TalkTools methods and new techniques that are not specifically included in the TalkTools program will be taught as supplemental activities for tongue control specific to the production of this sound.
Participants will be able to:
- identify the oral motor positions of the jaw, lips, and tongue for vocalic /r/.
- teach the steps needed to facilitate the appropriate motor positions for vocalic /r/.
- use sensory motor activities to facilitate the placements when a muscle based problem is identified.
This program is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area)(see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Schedule (01:00PM - 02:00PM EST)
- 01:00PM 01:10AM Welcome
- 01:10PM 01:20PM Overview of the production of vocalic /r/-Correct and Incorrect productions
- 01:20PM 02:00PM Demonstration of how to teach the placements for /r/-instruction/Video