WORKSHOP | Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach [MAY 1 and May 2, 2020] [Chicago, IL]90375
Date: May 1 and May 2, 2020
Location: Chicago, IL (8:30AM - 04:00PM)
Presenter: Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC
In Lori’s updated Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class, the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted.
The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
- Participants will be able to identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- Participants will be able to recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- Participants will be able to list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- Participants will be able to explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). • 1.2 AOTA CEUs • 12 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
The Illinois Early Intervention Training Program has approved this event for 12 hours of EI credential credit in the area of Assessment, Atypical Development, Intervention, and Typical Development.
5669 N Northwest Hwy Chicago, IL 60646
- $325 Early Bird Rate - until 03/1/20
- $385 Standard Rate - 03/2/20 to 04/16/20
- $415 Late Registration - 04/17/20 to day of
- Registration Only Includes: 1.2 CEUs (ASHA/AOTA approved), course supplies, workbook & certificate of completion.
- Registration + Textbook Includes: 25% off A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding (book received at course)