Rescheduled as VIRTUAL WORKSHOP | Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach [Memphis, TN] [July 10 and 11, 2020] [9AM-4PM EASTERN]
Date: July 10 and 11, 2020
Location: ONLINE (9:00AM - 04:00PM EASTERN TIME)
Presenter: Lori L. Overland MS CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC, FOM
In Lori’s updated Sensory/Motor Approach to Feeding class, the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders are discussed. The class reflects new research and understanding of sensory processing and the impact on feeding.
Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted.
The class includes two live evaluations and program plans, as well as interactive sensory and feeding practicums.
- Participants will be able to identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- Participants will be able to recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- Participants will be able to list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- Participants will be able to explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
This program is offered for 1.2 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area). • 1.2 AOTA CEUs • 12 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 4782. This self-study course qualifies for 12 self-study contact hours or 1.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
carefully before you submit your payment. Once we ship supplies you cannot be refunded. If you cannot attend the Zoom virtual workshop for any reason, you can attend an in-person workshop anytime at no additional charge. You will need to bring the materials provided.
- $385 Standard Rate
- Registration Only Includes: 1.2 CEUs (ASHA/AOTA approved), course supplies, digital workbook & digital certificate of completion.
- $427 Standard Rate + Textbook
- Registration + Textbook Includes: 25% off A Sensory Motor Approach to Feeding (book shipped with supplies)
- Course supplies will only be shipped within the United States