Rescheduled to VIRTUAL WORKSHOP | Sensory Motor Approach to Apraxia (2 day) [Denmark][August 26 and 27, 2020]
Date: August 26 and 27, 2020
Presenter: Renee Roy Hill, MS, CCC-SLP, COM®️
In this presentation, Renee Roy Hill will discuss treatment of clients diagnosed with apraxia of speech and related motor speech disorders.
Many of these clients do not respond to the traditional auditory and visually-based motor speech techniques often because other co-existing issues, including oral sensory deficits, feeding deficits, and oral placement deficits, are not addressed making differential diagnosis an important assessment component.
Renee demonstrates how OPT activities, which utilize a tactile approach, in conjunction with auditory and visually-based apraxia therapy techniques will improve speech clarity for clients with the diagnosis of apraxia.
- Participants will be able to discuss goals related to treatment of apraxia of speech.
- Participants will be able to define childhood apraxia of speech along with subsequent motor speech impairments that may also be present.
- Participants will be able to gain an understanding of when a muscle-based approach is appropriate in a treatment plan.
- Participants will be able to study sensory, feeding and motor issues as related to children with a diagnosis of apraxia of speech and other motor speech disorders.
- Participants will be able to teach how oral placement activities through structured repetition improve muscle skill and teach muscle memory.
- Participants will be able to understand how using a multi-sensory tactile approach is used with clients transition from OPT to facilitate speech production.
- Participants will be able to provide strategies for planning and implementing a multi-modality motor speech program.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
For more information and to register please visit: