Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP
Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP is an internationally known speaker on the subject of Oral Placement Therapy (OPT). She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of muscle-based disorders as related to speech clarity and feeding issues. In 1995, Sara founded TalkTools® as a speakers bureau and source for Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) and therapy tools. She has held seminars throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Europe, Australia, Africa, Latin America and Asia. Over the past 40 years, she has worked in public schools, hospitals, private practice and child development programs. Ms. Rosenfeld-Johnson is the author of Oral Placement Therapy for Speech Clarity and Feeding, Assessment and Treatment of the Jaw, OPT for /s/ and /z/, A Therapist's Guide to Rehabilitative Feeding and Speech Techniques for Teens and Adults, The HOMEWORK Book, the Drooling Remediation Program, and many other educational materials.
Articles by Sara
USING TACTILE TECHNIQUES TO IMPROVE SPEECH CLARITY IN THE ADULT REHABILITATIVE SETTING
- VARIABILITY OF TONGUE-TIP PLACEMENT: ACOUSTICALLY STANDARD PRODUCTION OF /S/ CROSS-CULTURALLY
- SARA ROSENFELD-JOHNSON'S APPROACH TO ORAL-MOTOR FEEDING AND SPEECH THERAPY
- CONNECTIONS BETWEEN TONGUE PLACEMENT AND DENTAL ALIGNMENT
- EFFECTIVE EXERCISES FOR A SHORT FRENUM
- HORNS AS THERAPY TOOLS
- IMPROVING FEEDING SAFETY AND SPEECH CLARITY FOR CLIENTS WITH MOEBIUS SYNDROME
- ORAL HABITS: WHY THEY EXIST AND HOW TO ELIMINATE THEM
- SPEECH THERAPY AND OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY: WHAT’S THE CONNECTION?
- STRAWS AS THERAPY TOOLS
- THE ORAL-MOTOR MYTHS OF DOWN SYNDROME
- TREATMENT OF CHILDREN WITH SPEECH ORAL PLACEMENT DISORDERS (OPDS): A PARADIGM EMERGES
Financial Disclosure: Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson is an employee and patent holder of TalkTools®.
Non-Financial Disclosure: Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson has authored “Oral Placement Therapy for Speech and Feeding” and “Oral Phase Feeding and Speech For Teens and Adult” and does not receive royalties from these publications.