Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach™
LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM: LEVEL 2 COURSE REQUIREMENT
1 Day 0.6 ASHA CEUs | 2 Day 1.2 ASHA CEUs • 1.2 AOTA CEUs - click through for more info on our CEU Policy and Process
FOR IN-PERSON 2-DAY WORKSHOPS: THERE IS A LIVE EVALUATION OF PEDIATRIC FEEDING CLIENT EACH DAY
Instructor: Lori Overland
TalkTools® Instructor, Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP, C/NDT, CLC FOM presents our seminal feeding course, where she will be:
- discussing how structure impacts function in the orofacial region
- how the sensory system impacts feeding
- providing clear-cut task analysis for assessing breast/bottle feeding, spoon feeding, straw drinking and cup drinking
- sharing evidence-based techniques she has developed and put into practice
- presenting case studies studies from her practice
Participants will be able to:
- identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
|Event Calendar||Self-Study (online)|