Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP
Robyn Merkel-Walsh has specialized for over 21 years in Oral Placement and myofunctional disorders in children. She is employed by the Ridgefield Board of Education, runs a private practice in Ridgefield, NJ, is the board chair of the Oral Motor Institute, and is a member of the TalkTools® speakers bureau. She teaches Autism and Tongue Thrust classes that have been offered for ASHA CEUs, and has been invited to speak on Oral Placement disorders by Conversations in Speech Pathology, Bergen County Region V, the IAOM, The Apraxia Network, AAPPSPA and the MOSAIC Foundation. Robyn has received specialized training in Oral Placement Disorders, feeding, apraxia, Applied Behavioral Analysis, autism, cranio-facial anomalies, Beckman Techniques and PROMPT.
Articles by Robyn
- Diet-Shaping for Self-Limited Diets in Children With a Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- A Modern Look at Van Riper's Phonetic Placement Approach
- Using Tactile Techniques to Improve Speech Clarity in Children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Connections Between Tongue Placement and Dental Alignment
- Oral-Motor Issues
- The Similarities and Differences of Oral-Motor Therapy and PROMPT
- Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy: What's the Connection? Oral-Motor, Sensory, and Feeding Skills
- Oral Placement Therapy (OPT) vs. Non-Speech Oral Motor Exercises (NSOME): Understanding the Debate
- A Case for Oral Placement Therapy
- What Evidence-Based, Oral Sensory-Motor Treatments are Effective for Speech Disorders?
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders in Individuals with a Diagnosis of Down Syndrome
- AAPPSPA Position Statement – Oral-motor Therapy
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Clinical Parameters of Oral Placement Therapy (OPT)
Financial Disclosure: Owner of Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP®. Member of TalkTools® speakers bureau; receives speaker honorarium. Author of products published by TalkTools®; receives royalty payments
Non-Financial Disclosure: Robyn is the Board Chair of the Oral Motor Institute.