Speaker: April Anderson, MA, CCC-SLP, IBCLC
The world of Early Intervention can often feel like a daunting scenario. How do you navigate feeding goals and strategies while also managing parent expectations? What comes next when the basic strategies are not working? How do you track progress with inconsistent attendance? Feeding therapy with this population is not always a one shoe fits all situation. For our clients and families, the journey is just as important as the destination.
Attendees will learn to take a deeper dive into strategies for advancing textures, transitioning from bottle to cups, trying new foods, managing mealtime behaviors and more. Helpful approaches for parents to track success and remain consistent with strategies will also be given.
Learning OutcomesThe participant will be able to:
- Describe the different types of families and how that impacts them reaching their goals.
- Explain why certain strategies are being implemented and not just how to do them.
- Identify strategies for advancing textures and managing mealtime behaviors.
- 15 mins: Understanding the various types of Early Intervention families and their goals
- 45 mins: Step-by-step strategies for various goals
- 20 mins: Case Studies with strategies and discussion
- 10 mins: Questions and Comments
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
(pending AOTA approval)
See TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)