Assessment and Treatment of Feeding Disorders: Focus on Swallowing3789-NS
This course looks at one of the most prevalent disorders associated with feeding: dysphagia. TalkTools Instructor and dysphagia expert, Colette Ellis, discusses the anatomical aspects of deglutition and delves into what factors influence feeding and swallowing development, including the impacts of aspiration and the cranial nerve system. Learners will be able to identify typical vs. atypical feeding and swallowing and apply specific techniques to facilitate improved feeding and swallowing function and safety.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the anatomy of swallowing.
- Conduct a basic feeding and swallowing assessment.
- Define aspiration and how it impacts feeding and overall health.
- Recognize current swallowing instrumentation tools.
- Develop and integrate a Safe Feeding Plan.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable handout, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies
- 2- Toothettes
- 1- Straw #1
- 1- A/B straw
- 1- Maroon spoon small
- 2- Tongue depressors
- 1- Pink cut out cup
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES listed above