A 2018 study published in the Journal of Dental Sciences concluded that following a gum chewing protocol as part of a feeding therapy plan can be a useful technique to improve swallowing and feeding function. TalkTools Instructor, Risca Solomon, will expand upon this by outlining her experiences with integrating a Gum Chewing Protocol in her therapy programs. Results have shown decreased rumination, as well as remediation of other inappropriate behaviors.
Participants will be able to:
- Define what a Gum Chewing Protocol is.
- Implement a Gum Chewing Protocol as part of a feeding therapy plan.
- Assess the outcomes of a Gum Chewing Protocol.
Instructor Bio and Financial Disclosure
- 20 minutes: Current research on gum chewing and feeding therapy
- 20 minutes: Developing a Gum Chewing Protocol
- 10 minutes: Case Studies
- 10 minutes: Wrap-up/Q&A
TalkTools Training Policies
It is the learners responsibilities to review and understand TalkTools Training Policies (including CEUs, copyright and distribution and cancellation)
(No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet)