The TalkTools Lip Gym is a total lip fitness program in a box! This program is based on the exercises from Sara Rosenfeld Johnson's 'Oral Placement Therapy for Speech Clarity and Feeding' book. Newly designed colorful weights added to your basic tongue depressor make lip closure exercises more fun!
Use this program to enhance awareness, placement, strength/stability, and muscle memory for the lip closure needed to teach the bilabial phonemes /m, b, p/. It's also helpful to develop mentalis muscle placement, strength/stability for production of /r/ and vocalic /r/. For clients who drool, this activity encourages lip closure to improve saliva management.
This product was inspired by, and due to, the thoughtful consideration of Jennifer Occhipinti Tonelli, MA, CCC-SLP.
Features & Benefits
- Teaches /m, b, p/.
- Assists with the production of /r/ and vocalic /r/.
Beneficial for clients who exhibit a w/r substitution.
- Great for clients who drool!
- Comes with complete step by step instructions and a quick reference chart.
- Fits all standard ⅝” tongue depressors.
- Each piece is marked with its corresponding weight.
- 2 of every size to mix and match as needed.
- Fun and vibrant colors!
- No BPA, BPS, PVC, Phthalates or other potentially harmful toxins.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Durable for long lasting use.
*tongue depressor(s) sold separately
(Bubble Outside the box:) Can also be used as a bimanual activity for developing fine motor skills (i.e. beading).