Oral Placement to Speech Kit (OPT-S) Articulation Card Set1581
*New and Improved*
TalkTools original Oral Placement to Speech Kit (OPT-S) is an innovative articulation program designed to translate muscle movements into speech sound production. This program was designed specifically for children and adults with muscle-based speech disorders, such as low tone, Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder and/or dysarthria. It is uniquely based on jaw transitions and the complexity of articulatory place shifts within words.
The card set is divided into easy, moderate and difficult words based on transitions of the jaw. 185 cards allows therapists to select words based on phonemes and/or complexity. Included are the early developing phonemes m-b-p (bilabials), t-d-n (tongue retraction with tip elevation), k-g-h (velars) and w (lip rounding). The sounds are combined with an array of vowels in CV (consonant-vowel) and CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) combinations.
- Helps clients transition a muscle movement learned through an OPT activity into speech sound production
- Developed by Robyn Merkel-Walsh, MA, CCC-SLP and Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP
- Includes 185 phoneme cards, TalkTools' OPT activities outline and detailed instructions for developing individualized programs
- Two-hour online course available to learn more on OPT-S
- Additional resources available for download upon purchase
NOTE: For children ages 2-6 with apraxia, please use OPT-S and the Kaufman K-SLP Treatment Kit 1 together.