Teaching Nasal Breathing For Increasing Quality of Life3801-NS
Professionals in the areas of speech, feeding, myofunctional, occupational, and physical therapy are beginning to understand the importance of nasal breathing for overall quality of life and health. TalkTools Instructor, Monica Purdy, will be discussing the importance of nasal breathing compared to oral breathing. This course will focus on the positive impacts nasal breathing has on many body functions and structures. Monica will discuss where to begin and techniques used in teaching nasal breathing. Case studies and videos will be presented to give participants practical applications to help their clients.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of proper nasal breathing.
- Describe 3 breathing techniques.
- Apply 2 nasal breathing techniques in a therapy setting.
- Develop a breathing program as part of an integrated therapy plan.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
(pending AOTA approval)
- 25 minutes - Why is nasal breathing so important?
- 25 minutes - Why is mouth breathing so detrimental?
- 25 minutes - Outline of Breathing Techniques
- 25 minutes - Breathing Techniques Demonstration
- 20 minutes - Case Studies
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners