Participants will be able to:
- Identify the similarities of interdental and lateral lisp(s)in clients.
- List three etiologies for a lisp.
- Demonstrate two new techniques to correct a lisp.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
Timed Agenda20 Minutes What is a lisp?
20 Minutes What we were taught and why it fails
35 Minutes Etiologies of a lisp
45 Minutes Lisp Assessment
45 Minutes Therapeutic Interventions
15 Minutes Wrap Up
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies
1 Nose flute
2 Sterile tongue depressors
- 2 Bite Blocks #2 or #3
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES listed above