LEVELS TRAINING PROGRAM: LEVEL 2 COURSE REQUIREMENT
This up to date self-study online course explores and explains the complex issues surrounding feeding disorders. Offers a comprehensive explanation of sensory processing and the impact on feeding. Pre-feeding exercises designed to develop the motor skills for safe, effective, nutritive feeding and therapeutic feeding techniques are targeted. The class includes two live evaluations and program plans.
Participants will be able to:
- identify and define the developmental acquisition of feeding skills.
- recognize individual oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
- list at least four goals of an SLP-administered oral-motor feeding program.
- explain the benefits of improved oral movement in cases of oral-phase feeding deficiencies.
The "Feeding Therapy..." course is an interactive, hands-on workshop. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
The list of optional supplies indicates what is included and the recommended food items you will want to have on hand while watching and following along with the video course.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 5049. This virtual, self-study course qualifies for 12 contact hours or 1.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
Feeding Therapy: A Sensory-Motor Approach -- together with 3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT -- comprise LEVEL 1 NOVICE training - click through to learn more about TalkTools exclusive LEVEL Training.Learning Options
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable handout)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus the following supplies and textbook
- 2 latex-free gloves, 1 Straw C, 1 plastic spoon, 1 Toothette, 1 Nipple and Textbook: "A Sensory-Motor Approach to Feeding" ($56 value)
- Suggested food supplies to enhance your learning (not included): 1 each: BubbleYum Gum, Sour Ball, Atomic Fireball; 2 chocolate kisses; Salty/Crunchy Popcorn; Pretzel Sticks or Veggie Stix; Cheerios; Fruitloops; Apple Sauce; Cranberry Juice.
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES
- 5 textbooks
Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP bio