A Sensory Motor Approach to Modified Baby Led Weaning3799-NS
This 3.5 hour course will focus on techniques to transition babies, at risk for feeding disorders, to solid food feedings. This novel approach integrates a sensory motor approach to feeding with modified baby-led weaning (Overland, L. & Rabin, J., 2019)
- Participants will be able identify factors which place an infant at risk for feeding disorders.
- Participants will be able to list at least four benefits of modified baby-led weaning.
- Participants will be able to list at least four benefits of a pre-feeding and therapeutic feeding program.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
(pending AOTA approval)
- 10 minutes: Introduction
- 10 minutes: Defining feeding disorders
- 15 minutes: Infants at risk for long term feeding disorders
- 30 minutes: Long term nutritional, health, dental, sleep, developmental, and structural implications of feeding issues
- 15 minutes: What is Baby-led weaning?
- 15 minutes: Potential implications for babies at risk of feeding disorders
- 35 minutes: A Sensory-Motor Approach to Pre-Feeding and Therapeutic Feeding
- 30 minutes: Modified Baby-led weaning
- 50 minutes: Integrating two approaches: A sensory motor approach to supporting baby-led weaning (video case studies)
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable handout)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners