Bubbles: Everyone's Favorite Tool3704-NS
This informative one-hour video provides step-by-step instructions on therapeutic bubble blowing.
Learn how this motivational therapy increases abdominal strength, prolonged oral airflow, tongue retraction and improves overall speech sound production.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the hierarchical concepts within the context of bubble therapy.
- Identify 3 ways that bubble blowing can be used to improve speech clarity.
- Explain how bubble blowing tasks can be used to establish controlled oral airflow as a prerequisite for introducing oral nasal contrast exercises.
- Describe how the bubble blowing hierarchy can be used to correct a tongue thrust.
The "Bubbles" course is an interactive, hands-on presentation. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
1. Introduction and Overview (5 min)
2. The Importance of Proper Positioning
- Stability in the body (10 min)
- Mobility in the mouth (10 min)
3. Bubble Blowing Therapy
- The hierarchy (10 min)
- Step-by-step description (15 min)
- Demonstration with a client (5 min)
- Encouraging parent involvement (5 min)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools founder, Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP BIO
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies
- Bubble Kit ($33 value)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES (listed above)