Developing Oral Sensory Motor Skills to Support Feeding in the Down Syndrome Population3681-NS
This one day seminar focuses on the development of oral-motor and feeding skills, and other factors which potentially impact feeding, in the Down syndrome population.
A complete overview of therapeutic intervention strategies to prevent long term feeding problems is presented, to include an assessment of sensory and motor skills.
This program provides a framework for developing sensory diets and facilitating improved oral-motor and feeding skills through therapeutic feeding techniques.
- Understand health issues which impact feeding and are noted more frequently in people with Down Syndrome
- Be able to identify characteristics which impact feeding within the Down Syndrome population
- Have a working knowledge of the theory behind a sensory motor approach to feeding
- Be able to assess sensory motor issues which impact nutrition and oral-motor feeding skills
The "Down Syndrome" course is an interactive, hands-on workshop. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
The list of supplies indicates what is included and the recommended food items you will want to have on hand while watching and following along with the video course.
Lori Overland, MS, CCC-SLP bio
This program is offered for 0.6 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate Level; Professional Area) • 0.6 AOTA CEUs • 6 Instructional Hours (see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)
- Online ONLY for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE (downloadable workbook, forms and charts)
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies: 2 latex-free gloves, 1 Straw C, 1 plastic spoon, 1 Toothette
- Suggested food supplies (not included): 20 Cheerios, 20 pretzel sticks, 20 Veggie Stix and applesauce
- Online + SUPPLIES + DVD for 1 learner - ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE plus supplies listed above and 1 course DVD
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES listed above
- 1 course DVD