Straws: Fun & Functional3734-NS
TalkTools’ innovative straw therapy is captured on this informative one-hour video.
Learn how unique straw hierarchy techniques improve tongue retraction, lip rounding, feeding skills and the development of standard speech production.
- The participant will be able to apply hierarchical concepts in the context of straw therapy.
- The participant will be able to list at least 3 ways that straws can be used to improve speech clarity.
- The participant will be able to explain how straws can be used to correct a tongue thrust.
- The participant will be able to use the straw hierarchy to reduce drooling.
The "Straws" course is an interactive, hands-on presentation. When taking this course as a self-study it is encouraged that you follow along with all of the activities.
1. Introduction and Overview of Straws (5 min)
2. The Importance of Proper Positioning
- Stability in the body (10 min)
- Mobility in the mouth (10 min)
3. Straw Therapy
- The hierarchy (10 min)
- Step-by-step description (15 min)
- Demonstration with a client (5 min)
- Encouraging parent involvement (5 min)
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
(pending AOTA approval)
TalkTools founder, Sara Rosenfeld-Johnson, MS, CCC-SLP bio
- Online for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE
- Online + SUPPLIES for 1 learner -- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE, plus the following supplies:
- Straw Kit ($29 value)
- Group Rate for 5 learners
- ACCESS TO ONLINE COURSE for 5 learners
- 5 sets of SUPPLIES listed above