Speaker: Amanda Chastain, MA, CCC-SLP, COM™
Course DescriptionThis course will outline the impact of breathing patterns on brain function and highlight the critical elements of breathing that impacts the brain-body connection
Learning OutcomesThe participant will be able to:
- Describe dynamic functional nasal breathing patterns
- List 2 orofacial complex structures that are influenced by breathing patterns.
- List 2 brain-body functions influenced by breathing.
- Identify 3 signs of dysfunctional breathing patterns
- 10 min Dynamic functional nasal breathing patterns defined
- 15 min Influence on development
- 15 min Dysfunctional breathing patterns defined
- 10 min Brain connection
- 10 min Reframing breath work to support functional change
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
(pending AOTA approval)
see TalkTools ASHA CEU Policy and Process for more information)