TalkTools® 3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)™
LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM: LEVEL 1 COURSE REQUIREMENT
1.2 ASHA CEUs • 1.2 AOTA CEUs - click through for more info on our ASHA CEU Policy and Process
Instructors: Line Avers* | Colette Ellis | Monica Purdy | Risca Solomon | Renee Roy Hill | Rehab Zaytoun*
* available virtually for US domestic workshops
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy)™ is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
- Appropriately assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Plan programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Be able to apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Properly use oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
LEVEL TRAINING PROGRAM
3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT™ -- together with Feeding Therapy: A Sensory Motor Approach -- comprise LEVEL 1 NOVICE training - click through to learn more about TalkTools exclusive LEVEL Training.
Click through to learn more about how TalkTools OPT techniques, tools and training have impacted lives.
|Event Calendar||Self-Study (online)|